Wednesday, November 28, 2007

the polish rider

the polish rider
The Sacrifice of Abraham painting
The Three Ages of Woman
The Virgin and Child with St Anne
¡¡¡¡The man on the Lady Mine laughed back through the megaphone. The pilot-boat plunged past. ¡¡¡¡'Give him- for me!' came a final cry, and the two men waved their arms in farewell. ¡¡¡¡I leaned despairingly over the rail, watching the trim little schooner swiftly increasing the bleak sweep of ocean between us. And she would probably be in San Francisco in five or six hours! My head seemed bursting. There was an ache in my throat as though my heart were up in it. A curling wave struck the side and splashed salt spray on my lips. The wind puffed strongly, and the Ghost heeled far over, burying her lee rail. I could hear the water rushing down upon the deck. ¡¡¡¡When I turned around, a moment later, I saw the cabin-boy staggering to his feet. His face was ghastly white, twitching with suppressed pain. He looked very sick. ¡¡¡¡'Well, Leach, are you going for'ard?' Wolf Larsen asked. ¡¡¡¡'Yes, sir,' came the answer of a spirit cowed.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

the polish rider"

Anonymous said...

the polish rider"

Anonymous said...

the polish rider"

Anonymous said...

"the polish rider"

Anonymous said...

"the polish rider"