Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Spring Breeze

Spring Breeze
Sweet Nothings
The Abduction of Psyche
The British Are Coming
¡¡¡¡Then came another vague stirring of Wolf Larsen's tremendous strength. It was utterly unexpected, and it was over and done with between the ticks of two seconds. He had sprung fully six feet across the deck and driven his fist into the other's stomach. At the same moment, as though I had been struck myself, I felt a sickening shock in the pit of my stomach. I instance this to show the sensitiveness of my nervous organization at the time and how unused I was to spectacles of brutality. The cabin-boy- and he weighed one hundred and sixty-five at the very least- crumpled up. His body wrapped limply about the fist like a wet rag about a stick. He lifted into the air, described a short curve, and struck the deck on his head and shoulders, where he lay and writhed about in agony. ¡¡¡¡'Well?' Larsen asked of me. 'Have you made up your mind?'

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Spring Breeze"

Anonymous said...

Spring Breeze"

Anonymous said...

"Spring Breeze"

Anonymous said...

"Spring Breeze"