Monday, December 24, 2007

nude oil painting

nude oil painting
oil painting from picture
famous painting
claude monet painting
I conjured him, incoherently, but in the most impassioned manner, not to abandon himself to this wildness, but to hear me. I besought him to think of Agnes, to connect me with Agnes, to recollect how Agnes and I had grown up together, how I honoured her and loved her, how she was his pride and joy. I tried to bring her idea before him in any form; I even reproached him with not having firmness to spare her the knowledge of such a scene as this.
oil painting
I may have effected something, or his wildness may have spent itself; but by degrees he struggled less, and began to look at me - strangely at first, then with recognition in his eyes. At length he said, 'I know, Trotwood! My darling child and you - I know! But look at him!' ¡¡¡¡He pointed to Uriah, pale and glowering in a corner, evidently very much out in his calculations, and taken by surprise. ¡¡¡¡'Look at my torturer,' he replied. 'Before him I have step by step abandoned name and reputation, peace and quiet, house and home.'

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

nude oil painting"