Monday, May 26, 2008

Caravaggio paintings

Caravaggio paintings
Claude Lorrain paintings
Claude Monet paintings
Charles Chaplin paintings
And how is the ghost getting on?" he asked, turning to Fräulein Rottenmeier, with a twinkle of amusement in his eye.
"It is no joke, I assure you," replied that lady. You will not laugh yourself to-morrow morning, Herr Sesemann; what is going on in the house points to some terrible thing that has taken place in the past and been concealed."
"Well, I know nothing about that," said the master of the house, "but I must beg you not to bring suspicion on my worthy ancestors. And now will you kindly call Sebastian into the dining-room, as I wish to speak to him alone."
Herr Sesemann had been quite aware that Sebastian and Fräulein Rottenmeier were not on the best of terms, and he had his ideas about this scare.
"Come here, lad," he said as Sebastian appeared, "and tell me frankly -- have you been playing at ghosts to amuse yourself at Fräulein Rottenmeier's expense?"

No comments: