Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Claude Monet The Water Lily Pond painting

Claude Monet The Water Lily Pond painting
Pablo Picasso Girl Before a Mirror painting
Content with Hermia! No; I do repentThe tedious minutes I with her have spent.Not Hermia but Helena I love:Who will not change a raven for a dove?The will of man is by his reason sway'd;And reason says you are the worthier maid.Things growing are not ripe until their seasonSo I, being young, till now ripe not to reason;And touching now the point of human skill,Reason becomes the marshal to my willAnd leads me to your eyes, where I o'erlookLove's stories written in love's richest book.
HELENA
Wherefore was I to this keen mockery born?When at your hands did I deserve this scorn?Is't not enough, is't not enough, young man,That I did never, no, nor never can,Deserve a sweet look from Demetrius' eye,But you must flout my insufficiency?Good troth, you do me wrong, good sooth, you do,In such disdainful manner me to woo.But fare you well: perforce I must confessI thought you lord of more true gentleness.O, that a lady, of one man refused.Should of another therefore be abused

No comments: