Sunday, June 22, 2008

Thomas Kinkade The Hour of Prayer painting

Thomas Kinkade The Hour of Prayer painting
Thomas Kinkade The Heart of San Francisco painting
that at last she agreed. "But," said she to him, "come back to me in the evening. I must shut my door for fear of the rough huntsmen, so knock and say, 'My little sister, let me in,' that I may know you. And if you do not say that, I shall not open the door."
Then the young roebuck sprang away. So happy was he and so merry in the open air. The king and the huntsmen saw the lovely animal, and started after him, but they could not catch him, and when they thought that they surely had him, away he sprang through the bushes and vanished. When it was dark he ran to the cottage, knocked, and said, "My little sister, let me in." Then the door was opened for him, and he jumped in, and rested himself the whole night through upon his soft bed.
The next day the hunt began again, and when the roebuck once more heard the bugle-horn, and the "ho, ho" of the huntsmen, he had no peace, but said, "Sister, let me out, I must be off." His sister opened the door for him, and said, "But you must be here again in the evening and say your pass-word." When the king and his huntsmen

No comments: