Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Edvard Munch Moonlight

Edvard Munch MoonlightEdvard Munch Girls on a BridgeUnknown Artist Brent Heighton After the RainAlbert Moore silver
Yes, because I am a daemon, like I said."
"Tell me one thing more. What did the Lady Coulter promise me when she was here?"
Once again Lyra went into the empty room and consulted the alethiometer before returning with the answer.
"She "Yes, she did. But she doesn't matter anymore. Excuse me, lofur Raknison, I hope you won't mind me telling you, but lorek Byrnison's only four hours away now, and maybe you better tell your guard bears not to attack him as they normally would. If you're going to fight him for me, he'll have to be allowed to come to the palace."promised you that she'd get the Magisterium in Geneva to agree that you could be baptized as a Christian, even though you hadn't got a daemon then. Well, I'm afraid that she hasn't done that, lofur Raknison, and quite honestly I don't think they'd ever agree to that if you didn't have a daemon. I think she knew that, and she wasn't telling you the truth. But in any case when you've got me as your daemon, you could be baptized if you wanted to, because no one could argue then. You could demand it and they wouldn't be able to turn you down.""Yes...True. That's what she said. True, every word. And she has deceived me? I trusted her, and she deceived me?"

No comments: