Wednesday, January 2, 2008

A Greek Beauty


A Greek Beauty
A Lily Pond
Absence Makes the Heart Grow Fonder
American Day Dream
'No doubt,' said I. 'No doubt. But has she any lover who is worthy of her? Agnes could care for no other.' ¡¡¡¡My aunt sat musing for a little while, with her chin upon her hand. Slowly raising her eyes to mine, she said: ¡
oil painting
¡¡¡'I suspect she has an attachment, Trot.' ¡¡¡¡'A prosperous one?' said I. ¡¡¡¡'Trot,' returned my aunt gravely, 'I can't say. I have no right to tell you even so much. She has never confided it to me, but I suspect it.' ¡¡¡¡She looked so attentively and anxiously at me (I even saw her tremble), that I felt now, more than ever, that she had followed my late thoughts. I summoned all the resolutions I had made, in all those many days and nights, and all those many conflicts of my heart. ¡¡¡¡'If it should be so,' I began, 'and I hope it is-' ¡¡¡¡'I don't know that it is,' said my aunt curtly. 'You must not be ruled by my suspicions. You must keep them secret. They are very slight, perhaps. I have no right to speak.'

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

A Greek Beauty"