Wednesday, January 2, 2008

van gogh painting

van gogh painting
van vincent gogh night starry
the last supper
the last supper painting
I was thinking. And had I truly disciplined my heart to this, and could I resolutely bear it, and calmly hold the place in her home which she had calmly held in mine, - when I found my eyes resting on a countenance that might have arisen out of the fire, in its association with my early remembrances. ¡¡¡¡Little Mr. Chillip the Doctor, to whose good offices I was indebted in the very first chapter of this history, sat reading a newspaper in the shadow of an opposite corner. He was tolerably stricken in years by this time; but, being a mild, meek, calm little man, had worn so easily,
oil painting
that I thought he looked at that moment just as he might have looked when he sat in our parlour, waiting for me to be born. ¡¡¡¡Mr. Chillip had left Blunderstone six or seven years ago, and I had never seen him since. He sat placidly perusing the newspaper, with his little head on one side, and a glass of warm sherry negus at his elbow. He was so extremely conciliatory in his manner that he seemed to apologize to the very newspaper for taking the liberty of reading it. ¡¡¡¡I walked up to where he was sitting, and said, 'How do you do, Mr. Chillip?'

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

van gogh painting"