Monday, February 18, 2008

Edward Hopper Painting

Edward Hopper Painting
Mary Cassatt painting
Jack Vettriano Painting
The Singing Butler
`Order Ellen to say you are engaged, Cathy,' he persisted; `don't turn me out for those pitiful, silly friends of yours! I'm on the point, sometimes, of complaining that they--but I'll not---'
`That they what?' cried Catherine, gazing at him with a troubled countenance. `Oh, Nelly!' she added petulantly, jerking her head away from my hands, `you've combed my hair quite out of curl! That's enough; let me alone. What are you on the point of complaining about, Heathcliff?'
oil paintings
`Nothing--only look at the almanac on that wall;' he pointed to a framed sheet hanging near the window, and continued--`The crosses are for the evenings you have spent with the Lintons, the dots for those spent with me. Do you see? I've marked every day.'
`Yes--very foolish: as if I took notice!' replied Catherine in a peevish tone. `And where is the sense of that?'

No comments: